All persons engaged in research at Berkeley Lab are responsible for adhering to the highest standards of research integrity. Activities that fall short of the basic ethical principles inherent in the research process undermine the scientific enterprise. The Research Compliance Office (RCO) is here to assist researchers in learning about responsible conduct of research and to address questions, concerns, and allegations of possible research misconduct.
Under the Berkeley Lab’s research misconduct policy, the Laboratory Deputy Director for Research (LDDR) is the Deciding Official. This policy implements DOE and Public Health Service (PHS) regulations.
Please contact the Research Integrity Officer (RIO) with any concerns around the integrity or ethics of scientific research conducted at the Lab.
- Berkeley Lab Research Misconduct Policy
- DOE Regulations on Research Misconduct (952.235-71)
- PHS Regulations on Research Misconduct (42 CFR Part 93)
- Berkeley Lab Scientific & Technical Publications Authorship and Review Policy
- Our Responsibility: Stewardship of Research at Berkeley Lab