Are you submitting a proposal for an Early Career Research Program or another DOE funding opportunity? DOE requirements for filling out biosketches and current and pending support information have been significantly revised this year.
New requirements include disclosure of a variety of potential conflicts of interest or commitment, including participation in foreign government-sponsored talent recruitment programs. Disclosures must be made using an online tool (instructions are provided in individual FOAs).
These disclosure requirements encompass more types of support and require more information than in the past. It is important to take a broad view of your own sources of support and those of your team and disclose them, whether they provide direct support to you or indirect assistance through support for your team members.
Each PI and senior/key person at the prime or sub applicant will need to disclose:
- All sponsored activities, awards, and appointments, whether paid or unpaid, including those that are:
- provided as a gift with terms or conditions or provided as a gift without terms or conditions;
- full-time, part-time, voluntary;
- faculty, visiting, adjunct, or honorary;
- cash or in-kind;
- foreign or domestic;
- governmental or private-sector
- Direct support of the individual’s research or indirectly support of the individual (such as support for students, research staff, space, equipment, or other research expenses)
- All foreign government-sponsored talent recruitment programs (these must be identified in the Current and Pending Support section).
Contact the Research Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.