The Research Opportunity Assessment and Development (ROAD) working group focuses on funding opportunity development across the Lab. The group, which is made up of senior managers involved in funding opportunity development, helps coordinate the Lab’s outreach efforts to sponsors and potential sponsors, improves development processes and collaboration, and assists in creating effective communication about these opportunities and about Lab development policies.
The ROAD working group meets monthly.
- Kristin Balder-Froid, Office of Strategic Development (Co-chair)
- Russell Carrington, Intellectual Property Office
- Ivy Clift, Berkeley Lab Foundation (Co-chair)
- Katy Christiansen, Biosciences
- Ellen Ford, Office of the Deputy Director for Operations
- John German, Strategic Communications
- Hans Johansen and David Skinner, Computing Sciences
- Lisa Kelly, Earth and Envvironmental Sciences
- Todd Pray, Strategic Partnerships Office
- Thomas Schenkel, Physical Sciences
- Melissa Summers, Energy Sciences
- John Valentine, Office of National and Homeland Security
- Alecia Ward, Energy Technologies