The Conflict of Interest Advisory Committee (COIAC), which acts under the authority of the Laboratory Director, independently assesses research-related financial conflicts of interest.
The committee makes recommendations to the Deputy Director for Research on researchers’ outside professional activities and financial interests, as well as any appropriate strategies to manage, reduce, or eliminate conflicts of interest.
The COIAC is guided by UC-DOE contract requirements as well as those of the State of California, the Public Health Service (PHS), and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
The committee meets the third Wednesday of each month to review outside activity requests and disclosures of financial interest related to sponsored research.
- Joel Ager, Energy Sciences
- Doug Black, Energy Technologies
- Richard (Shane) Canon, Computing Sciences
- Shannon Ciston, Energy Sciences
- Boris Faybishenko, Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Michael Mills, Energy Technologies
- Axel Visel, Biosciences
- Petrus (Peter) Zwart, Biosciences, Chair
Point of Contact: Molly Stoufer